First Steps is a public-private partnership that works to strengthen and coordinate early childhood services in Kent County, Michigan.
By investing in our youngest children, we can ensure a stronger, more prosperous future for all.
Our community vision is that every young child in Kent County will enter kindergarten healthy and ready to succeed in school and in life. How can we make that happen?
- The community must understand the importance of early childhood and invest in the healthy development and early learning of young children.
- Parents must have the knowledge, skills, and opportunities to give their young children a great start in life.
- Families must have the relationships and resources they need to raise their young children, and their basic needs must be met.
- Young children must have quality early learning experiences starting at birth.
- Young children and their families must receive the quality, comprehensive services and education they need to maximize their health.